Raising English (RE) is a unique language institute located in Utrecht. We specialise in providing English enrichment lessons to young learners by means of a creative curriculum enhanced with stimulating stories and lively songs.
Raising English started in 2013 with English as Second Language (ESL) program with 1 school in Utrecht and just with 3 children. Within a short time span our student base grew to 20 times our initial start.
Today we have collaborations with several schools and day care centers. We are also preparing to launch a pre-school in Utrecht soon.
ESL Teacher (part-time/temporary) positions available
Raising English is looking for temporary/part-time (8-16 hours per week), self-motivated and hardworking ESL Teachers to join our growing team. We have currently job openings in Utrecht, Amsterdam, Veenendaal and Den Haag, The Netherlands.
The ESL teacher at Raising English will be working with individuals and small groups of students in specific courses or in academic skill areas (e.g. reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, etc.). The teacher may work directly with a group of children, offering support to a class as a whole or to individuals needing extra help to understand English and to further build on that. In addition to direct contact with students, ESL teachers are expected to provide feedback to parents, complete and maintain teacher records as directed by RE and to maintain the confidentiality of all student-related information.
Teachers may also be asked to complete work-related projects as requested by their supervisor.
- Plan, organise and prepare classes, including developing detailed lesson plans
- Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
- Teach ESL classes to groups of up to 12 students using a variety of active and engaging teaching strategies/learning activities and student assessment methods
- Manage the classrooms effectively including maintaining good student discipline, supporting the discipline standards and rules of the school where the class is conducted
- Demonstrate flexibility in meeting Raising English and students changing requirements over time.
- Bachelor’s degree with good track record
- Minimum, 2 years of (work) experience in the relevant field of expertise
- TOFL/CELTA certification would be an added advantage; with minimum of 100 hour course work
- Native/near native English speaker
- Understanding of Dutch Language
- Experience in teaching or tutoring early learners, children and/or adult ESL learners is a must
- Hardworking, dedicated and motivated personality
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to the teaching profession and its ethics
- A demonstrated cultural understanding and respectful nature towards all cultures and nationalities
- A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of Raising English
- A well-balanced, flexible and adaptable nature
- A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times
The ESL teacher at Raising English will exhibit the following characteristics and therefore be able to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Recognise variations in student backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles
- Interact in a friendly and patient manner with students from different cultural backgrounds, all levels of language proficiency, and students who may have special learning needs
- Clearly present the standard/native English language and serve as a linguistic model for students
- Communicate effectively with students by articulating clearly, selecting vocabulary, and assessing comprehension by varying methods
- Explain grammar in an easy-to-understand way without overwhelming the students
- Listen actively and effectively in order to identify and solve problems, facilitate learning for students, and build student confidence
- Acquire deeper understanding of course material and tutoring techniques and be open to new ideas on how to support students
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Create lesson plans as per the learning needs of the students
- Perform general clerical functions including maintaining accurate records and compiling information and statistics
- Plan and organise work to meet changing priorities and deadlines
To apply for this role, send your latest CV to email@example.com. We will contact you if your profile suits the job requirements and our company culture.
For more information, please feel free to contact us per email.